Geoduck also known as 象拔蚌 in Chinese, is a shellfish and the largest burrowing clam in the world. Its meat is very tender and it melts-in-your-mouth. You will be able to taste the sweetness of sea freshness.
90% of all Geoducks harvested are flown to China and Hong Kong. It can command up to $450/kg!
Where to buy fresh Geoduck in Singapore? Ninja Food guarantees the freshness of our live Geoduck. If you choose to have it cleaned and sliced by us, we will do it just in time for delivery. Your Geoduck will be delivered ice-chilled to your doorstep.
Each Geoduck weighs approximately 1.4kg to 1.7kg
Origin: Canada, Mexico
Please place your live Geoduck order at least 3 days in advance to avoid disappointment. Do call us if you have any question. Thank you.
How to prepare live Geoduck
1. Blanche the Geoduck with hot water. Transfer into ice water to stop the "cooking". This use of the hot water in this step is for the sole purpose of easy removal of the outer skin.
2. Separate the shell from the meat with the help of a knife.
3. Remove the outer skin. Keep the belly and syphon. Chuck the inner organ.
4. Slice the belly and syphon thinly.
5. Season with some salt and lemon zest. You are ready to serve it sashimi style! This is the method we love the most!