Seafood Yi Pin Guo Recipe (一品锅)
Created during the Ming Dynasty for the emperor, the Yi Pin Guo is also known as the Royal Pot.
The dish can be quite challenging to make because it involves many ingredients and careful layering of the ingredients to ensure that everything is cooked to perfection.
If done right, the Yi Pin Guo will be flavourful, thick and extremely fresh.
In Singapore, the Yi Pin Guo is sometimes eaten as a steamboat too!
Prepare this dish to impress your friends and loved ones during the Lunar New Year or any other occasion.
This recipe is specially crafted by HoneyBeeSweets!
This recipe is able to serve 4 people.
- 4 Dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3 Dried scallops
- 1 Can abalone (~6 pieces)
- 6 Large tiger prawns
- 6 Large sea scallops
- 2 Fish maw (boiled till soften and cut smaller)
- 1 Medium pre-soaked sea cucumber
- 12 Large white clams
- 6 Baby corn
- 1/3 Napa cabbage (cut smaller)
- 1 Small carrot (peeled and cut smaller)
- 500ml Chicken stock
- 4 Cloves garlic, peeled & minced
- 4 Slices ginger
- 1/2 tsp White pepper
- 1/2 tap Salt
- 1.5 tsp Corn flour
- Soak the shiitake and dried scallops in hot water till soften. Reserve the soaking liquid.
- In a stock pot, add 1 tsp cooking oil, followed by the ginger and minced garlic. Sauté for a couple minutes, then add the soaked dried scallops and shiitake.
- Next, add the carrots and sliced boiled fish maw. Sauté for a couple minutes and add the chicken stock. Simmer the soup stock for 15 minutes. At this point, you can keep the stock and use it when you want to cook the seafood claypot.
- Transfer the soup stock in a larger pot and bring to a simmer. Add in the can of abalone with its stock and the sea cucumber. Once the abalone heated through, remove and set aside.
- While the stock is still simmering, add in prawns, sea scallops and clams. Once the seafood just cooked, remove and set aside. Add in napa cabbage and baby corn in and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer all the ingredients into a serving claypot, lay out nicely with vegetable as the base and seafood arranged around the pot.
- Bring the soup stock to a simmer, add in seasoning and the thickening mixture. Once it thickens, pour into the claypot with the seafood, serve immediately. Enjoy!